Hot summer weather puts its own set of demands on your vehicle, and you want to make sure that you prepare your vehicle so it can be ready to meet them. Here are a few suggestions on how to prepare your car for summer.
- Keep the heat down: In the summer, your cooling system is of the utmost importance. Before the hot weather hits, you should check the radiator for leaks or breakage, and make sure that you have adequate amounts of coolant. While driving in the heat, you’ll also want to keep an eye on the engine temperature gauge. If you force your car to drive while its engine is overheated, you can cause permanent damage.
- Check your air conditioning system: Inspect your air conditioning system’s belts, condenser, and fins. You’ll be happy to have this system working in tip-top shape when beastly hot weather hits.
- Swap out winter tires for summer tires: If you haven’t swapped out your winter tires yet, it’s essential to do before summer weather kicks into gear. Summer tires are the most efficient choice for the season, but all-season tires are perfectly fine, too—they just won’t perform quite as well as specialized summer tires.
- Check your vehicle’s towing equipment: Summer is the time of year that most families will tow their trailer, boat, or other outdoor gear, so you will want to check your vehicle’s towing equipment to make sure it’s in good shape and working as it should.
If you need help getting your ride ready for the road ahead this summer, stop into Gossett Kia. Our team of service experts has the tools and knowhow necessary to help you welcome summertime with arms open.
The Kia Sportage hit a major sales milestone in March, achieving the sale of 5 million units around the globe since its launch in 1993. The Sportage is the best-selling model in the Kia lineup, offering a compact SUV to drivers who desire SUV capabilities without sacrificing easy handling and maneuverability on the city streets. This sleek, urban SUV offers a dynamic driving experience that drivers are sure to love.
“We are extremely proud to have achieved this milestone production figure for our global best-seller. The continued and accelerating popularity of the Sportage demonstrates the breadth of the car’s abilities and the strength of its appeal to buyers in markets all around the world,” said Ho Sung Song, Executive Vice President of Global Operations Division. “Since 1993, the Sportage has become a benchmark car in the compact SUV segment, and its success has also led to the creation of a diverse and comprehensive range of SUVs and crossovers from Kia—with other new models to follow in future.”
2017 marked the beginning of the fourth-generation of the Sportage, with the 2018 model making further improvements and advancements. The 2018 Sportage is engineered to be both powerful and capable, offering a standard 2.4-liter engine that delivers 181 horsepower and an available Dynamax™ All-Wheel Drive system to improve traction on rough terrain and slippery roads. Its sleek, fun exterior is sure to turn heads.
The Sportage’s exterior also matches its refined interior, offering an available 7- or 8-inch infotainment system with smart features like Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™ compatibility. You can also elevate the Sportage’s safety by adding on available Kia Drive Wise technology, which includes smart features like Blind-Spot Detection, Autonomous Emergency Braking, and Front- and Rear- Parking Assist to make parking a breeze. The 2018 Kia Sportage was named an IIHS TOP SAFETY PICK, so you can rest assured that you’ve made a good choice for you and your family with the Sportage.
The best-selling Kia Sportage is a sure thing if you want a capable family vehicle that makes driving plenty fun. To experience the Sportage firsthand, stop into Gossett Kia for a test drive.
Everyone remembers the Kia Soul for its unique style and the hilarious commercials starring dancing hamsters. But beyond the flash and laughs, the Kia Soul makes a compelling case for drivers, especially in 2018. Never considered the Soul before? Here are five reasons to drive it.
- Kia Drive Wise: This available driver-assistance technology works to prevent accidents from ever even happening, with features like Autonomous Emergency Braking, Forward Collision Warning System, Lane Departure Warning System, and Smart Cruise Control.
- Comfy seats: Front and rear passengers will always be comfortable with heated and ventilated seats: stay cool in the summer and toasty in the winter.
- Lights like no others: The Soul has available High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights and LED front fog lights to guide the way.
- The power you crave: The Soul! (Exclaim) model boasts a turbocharged engine that lays out 201 horsepower, mated to a quick-shifting seven-speed dual-clutch transmission.
- Electric power: If you’ve been looking for an electric vehicle with a little more interior space and a lot more personality, the Soul EV is the answer to your search.
The 2017 Kia Soul was even named J.D. Power’s “Highest Ranked Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle in Initial Quality” for the third year in a row.*
Interested in the all-new Kia Soul? Visit Gossett Kia today for a test drive.
*The Kia Soul received the lowest number of problems per 100 vehicles reflecting higher quality among compact multi-purpose vehicles in the J.D. Power 2015-2017 U.S. Initial Quality Studies. 2017 study based on 77,419 total responses, evaluating 189 models, and measures the opinions of new 2017 vehicle owners after 90 days of ownership, surveyed in February-May 2017. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com/cars.