Celebrate Jazz Appreciation Month Here in Memphis
April is known as Jazz Appreciation Month, and what better place than Memphis, Tennessee to hear some great live jazz? Here are some of the best places to visit to hear some of the best music ever.
- BB King’s Blues Club. This great music club offers more than just the blues. Plan a visit and your ears will thank you.
- Owen Bennan’s Restaurant. This restaurant will give you a taste of New Orleans, jazz included, right here in Memphis. Come for the food and stay for the music. It is been voted as the Best Brunch in Memphis for 20 years.
- Ernestine and Hazels. Come to this bar for some of the most mouth-watering burgers you’ve ever tasted, get your drink of choice, and dance the night away listening to some of the best live music around.
- Mollie Fontaine’s Lounge. This lounge-style bar calls a Victorian-style house home. Listen to some live piano music while enjoying some delicious food and drink.
- Levitt Shell. This outdoor music venue is celebrating jazz month with five Fridays of Jazz. Check the schedule to catch the next performance.
What is your favorite venue to hear live jazz in Memphis?