From cooking and cleaning to shopping and planning, Christmas can be a busy holiday. This year, save yourself time and money with these easy Christmas hacks from Gossett Kia.
Reuse what you already have
Don’t run out to the store just yet: you probably have plenty of items around the house already that make perfect Christmas decorations. For instance, your leftover Halloween pumpkins make great snowmen with a bit of paint, and your Christmas tree clippings are perfect for festive centerpieces at the table.
Egg carton ornament storage
As Christmas approaches this year, consider hanging on to your egg cartons to make stowing your fragile Christmas ornaments easier than ever before. Wrapping ornaments in paper is a chore and doesn’t offer that much protection anyway, so use this hack and never break an ornament again.
Fill out Christmas tree with leftover tinsel
If your Christmas tree looks a little sad and skinny all set up in the living room, don’t fret! If you have some basic green tinsel, you can quickly fill in the gaps for a healthier-looking tree. Try it out: we bet no one will be able to tell once the lights and ornaments are up!
If Christmas morning is quickly approaching and you’re still not quite done with holiday preparations, use these awesome Christmas hacks and take a shortcut to the best Christmas ever!
The holiday season is quickly approaching, which means many Americans will be hitting the road to see their families. While traveling is certainly a major ordeal, dealing with family can be just as exhausting. Here are a few tips for surviving the holiday season from us here at Gossett Kia.
Maintain a Routine
The holiday season is far from normal, and many Americans find their lives turned upside down. During this stressful time, it’s extremely important to maintain a routine. Doing so eases the stress and can help you relax, especially with all the hustle and bustle going on around you. Do your best to go to work, do household chores, and eat as normally as possible.
Learn to Say No
No one wants to tell a loved one “no” during the holiday season, but that can lead to a major buildup of stress and anxiety. After all, taking on numerous other jobs, whether planning a meal or making lodging arrangements for family, can interrupt your normal life. That isn’t to say you should slam the door on helping out, but learn to tell family members “no” if your plate is already full.
Take Care of Yourself
While the holidays are certainly about family getting together, it’s important to take care of yourself, too. Make sure to make some time to step back and reevaluate the situation if you’re feeling overwhelmed—taking some breathing room can do wonders during the holiday season.
Spread the holiday cheer by giving the perfect gift to a car lover you know!
They say there’s a kid’s spirit inside every car lover, and there are plenty of gifts to prove it. Not every present has to be new seat covers or wheels. There are dozens of toys, nostalgic items, and pricey gifts to choose from. Here are a few great gifts for car lovers recommended by us here at Gossett KIA. Happy holidays!
- Exotic Racing – There’s a need for speed inside every enthusiast, and you can satisfy the beast with the help of Exotic Racing. The company owns plenty of exotic cars, including an Audi R8 and Lamborghini, that car lovers can choose to ride in. Two-lap rides start at $99. The company is based in Las Vegas. It may not be the cheapest gift, but it certainly is unique!
- Gear Shift Cufflinks – Add a touch of style to your favorite car lover’s attire. Gear shifter cufflinks go great at most occasions. They can even serve as a conversation starter.
- Automatic – Feeding information to your smartphone is as easy as plugging in Automatic to your car’s OBD II port. The device can call for help in an emergency, monitor fuel economy, help decode dashboard warning lights, and more. It’s the perfect gift to keep your loved one safe and it won’t break the bank!
Happy Thanksgiving from Gossett KIA
As Thanksgiving approaches, you are probably planning your menu and inviting guests. But, if you’re also looking for ways to enhance your Thanksgiving feast, try adding one of these new Thanksgiving traditions to your family meal.
- Create a Thankful Journal. Buy a special notebook just for Thanksgiving. Each year, have your family members share the things they were thankful for over the past year. Write their thoughts in the journal. Nothing is too small. Over the years, looking over family milestones will make you feel happy and thankful.
- Memory Tablecloth. For a truly Thanksgiving-worthy centerpiece, purchase a plain light-colored tablecloth and some fabric pens. Ask each guest to write down something special they are thankful for. You can trace the hands of children too young to write. It will quickly become your favorite Thanksgiving decoration.
- Help those in need. To help you feel the true spirit of Thanksgiving, find a way to help those in need. Volunteer at a local food bank or soup kitchen to help serve those who are less fortunate than yourself.
- Include the children. Plan an activity just for the children. This could be as simple as making Thanksgiving crafts to taking orders and serving the dessert.
What Thanksgiving traditions do you have in your family?
If you’re looking for something fun to do in Memphis next month, we’ve put together a list of November events in Memphis you’ll love no matter what you and your family are interested in. There’s something for everyone, so check it out!
One exciting event this month is the Indie Memphis Film Festival, which will take place the week of November 1st through 7th and features tons of locally-made films showing throughout the week. Named to lists such as The 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World and The Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, the Indie Fest is one of the biggest events of the year.
The Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention will also be held this month at the Hilton from November 18th to 20th and will feature artists, authors, and media guests involved in the entertainment industry, as well as vendors and panels.
Get into the holiday spirit with the Graceland Holiday Lighting Ceremony. Every year at Graceland—the former home of Elvis Presley—lights are strung around the entire grounds and lit up all at once during a lighting ceremony that features celebrity guests.
The Shelby Farms Park and Memphis Botanic Gardens start their Starry Nights and Snowy Nights events in November. Snowy Nights is especially fun for kids—how often do they get to play in the snow in Memphis?
Whatever you’re interested in and whether or not you have kids, you’re sure to find something fun to do in Memphis this November.
What’s the best way to celebrate summer in Memphis? Now that’s a hard question. As we all know, this town is replete with summer treasures. A strong contender has to be the 2016 Live At The Gardens concert series.
If you’ve never been to one, you are truly missing out on a wonderful experience. The entertainment is top-notch. Past acts include Robert Plant, Little Big Town, Diana Ross, Styx, and Rob Thomas.
It’s the music but it’s also about the ambience. The venue is located at the Memphis Botanical Gardens. Taking in some of the best musical acts around as the sun sets, accompanied by the beautiful gardens…it makes for a memorable time.
So far, Heart and Billy Currington have graced the stage for the Live at the Garden concert series this year. Don’t worry, though, if you’ve missed them. The best is yet to come…
On August 25th, REO Speedwagon will be performing all of your favorite hits. There are certainly plenty of tunes for the band to choose from. They had thirteen Top 40 singles in their heyday. Get your tickets now before they sell out!
There are bounty on normal inquiries gotten some information about ShowBox apk of the web. showbox app for pcSome of them are entirely charming. To ensure there is a one stop answer for your troubles, here are a few FAQs of ShowBox apks and their answers.
Road trips are an American tradition, letting you experience the sights and thrills of the open road. We’ve put together a list of the top summer road trip destinations in the US, each of which offers a unique experience you won’t find elsewhere.
According to Money Crashers, one of the most iconic road trips follows Route 66 across America. This historic road cuts across 2,500 miles, ultimately ending in Los Angeles. Although you might have to travel a day from Memphis to reach some of the best stretches of this highway, it is well worth it.
Want to stay a little closer to home? Check out the Arkansas Highway 7 Scenic Byway. This 290-mile stretch covers pine forests, rolling hills, and parts of the Ozarks. Though it takes about two days to really explore the entire road, you can also spend time at hot springs or camping along the way.
This piece of the article manages the way toward downloading Aptoide App on your Smartphone and introducing it. aptoide apkThe primary thing you need to think about the application is that it is not accessible on the Google Play Store.
For those who want to explore the region, take an hour drive north from Memphis to Holly Springs, MS. This short trip is great for seeing the hill country, and it is also packed full of historic landmarks and museums. Check out the Kate Freeman Clark Museum, Marshall Country Historical Museum, and the Ida B. Wells-Barnett Museum.
Whether you want to drive across the country or you simply want to explore your local area, road trips are great for virtually everyone. Just be sure to pack light, drive safe, and enjoy your ride!
The car chase is something that a lot of movies attempt but only a handful succeed at making memorable. Here are four of the best car chase scenes ever filmed!
# 1 – Bullitt (1968)
Bullitt will likely forever be regarded as having the best chase scene ever and for good reason. The chase is masterfully shot, with director Peter Yates having used in-car cameras and overhead shots to stunning effect.
# 2 – To Live and Die in LA (1985)
The car chase scene in To Live and Die in LA is one of the most memorable in film history. Director William Friedkin is familiar with the practice—he also directed The French Connection. According to Roger Ebert, “The masterstroke in To Live and Die in LA is that the chase isn’t just on a freeway. It goes the wrong way down the freeway.”
# 3 – The Bourne Identity (2002)
The Bourne Identity is the first film in what has become one of the most entertaining and well-respected action trilogies, Arguably the most tense scene in the film is when Jason Bourne, played by Matt Damon, gets chased through Paris in the rain driving a classic Fiat. The nod here to the original The Italian Job is quite strong.
Make Gmail Account is simple and you will effectively ready to do it all alone. gmailThere are a few stages that you need to experience in making your own Gmail Account. Gmail account gives you guide access to other Google items like YouTube, Google Plus, and Google Drive.
# 4 – The French Connection (1971)
The French Connection features a chase scene in which a car attempts to overcome a train racing above it in an overhead track. The car chase was performed without permission from the city and although traffic was controlled, the chase regularly strayed into areas in which it was not controlled.
April is known as Jazz Appreciation Month, and what better place than Memphis, Tennessee to hear some great live jazz? Here are some of the best places to visit to hear some of the best music ever.
- BB King’s Blues Club. This great music club offers more than just the blues. Plan a visit and your ears will thank you.
- Owen Bennan’s Restaurant. This restaurant will give you a taste of New Orleans, jazz included, right here in Memphis. Come for the food and stay for the music. It is been voted as the Best Brunch in Memphis for 20 years.
- Ernestine and Hazels. Come to this bar for some of the most mouth-watering burgers you’ve ever tasted, get your drink of choice, and dance the night away listening to some of the best live music around.
- Mollie Fontaine’s Lounge. This lounge-style bar calls a Victorian-style house home. Listen to some live piano music while enjoying some delicious food and drink.
- Levitt Shell. This outdoor music venue is celebrating jazz month with five Fridays of Jazz. Check the schedule to catch the next performance.
What is your favorite venue to hear live jazz in Memphis?
Does daily drive to and from work have you feeling down? If you changed your perspective and saw it as an opportunity instead of wasted time, you could even start to look forward to it. Sound crazy? Check out these tips for improving your commute.
# 1 – Are you a music aficionado? Use your time in the car to discover new music! Pandora is great for exposing you to music you might like.
# 2 – Collect your thoughts! Instead of letting traffic stir you up and stress you out, use your time in the car to think through a current problem or brainstorm for work. Make voice memos on your phone as you come up with ideas.
# 3 – Audio books can revolutionize your commute. It’s especially useful to choose non-fiction books. If you feel like the time you spend on your commute is wasted, why not turn it into an educational experience?
# 4 – Make it the ultimate “me-time.” Turn your phone off, roll the windows down, and just enjoy the fact that for the next minutes, all you have to do is drive.