5 New Year’s Resolutions for a Safer Year
Now that 2017 is here, it’s not too late to make a resolution. If you’re at a loss as to what you want to do this year, here are five resolutions for a safer year that will help make you a better driver.
- Enforce a seatbelt rule. Have everyone in your car buckle up, no matter their age. Don’t start driving until all passengers are secure. You can even extend this rule to the family pets.
- Put away your distractions. Everyone knows that texting while driving is dangerous, but so is talking on the phone, even while using a hands-free device. Put your phone away and commit to stopping other distracting activities, such as eating or putting on makeup, behind the wheel.
- Slow down. Speeding can be dangerous and it’s also detrimental to your fuel efficiency, too. Commit to driving the speed limit this year.
- Stay up-to-date with vehicle maintenance. By getting your oil changed regularly and getting your other routine maintenance done on time, your car will run better than ever and you can potentially prevent a more serious breakdown.
- Watch for pedestrians. Be on the lookout for pedestrians and bicyclists, especially when driving through neighborhoods and busy city streets.
If you can master these five resolutions, you will be well on your way to being one of the safest drivers on the road.
Do you have any additional tips? Let Gossett Kia of North Covington Pike know!