Over the past few years, trunk or treat events have been gaining in popularity. If you don’t know what that is, it is like trick-or-treating, only everyone gathers in a parking lot, decorates their cars, and the kids go from car to car instead of house to house.
If you want to try one out this year, many communities, schools, and churches host these events. Ask your friends, family, and neighbors if they know about any. The most important part of a successful trunk or treat is the decorations, which is essentially a costume for your car. Try out one of these trunk or treat themes.
- Mouth Car. Turn the trunk of your car into a mouth. Use a red blanket or towel as the tongue and create teeth out of felt to hang from the top opening.
- Graveyard. This works really well if you drive a pickup. Add tombstone decorations, spider webs, skeletons, and other spooky items.
- Christmas. Celebrate Christmas a couple months early by decking out your car with ribbons, bows, Christmas lights, and wrapping paper.
- Movie. Pick your favorite kids’ movie and decorate to your heart’s content.
Which of these trunk or treat ideas would you like to try? If you need a new car to decorate, come visit us at Gossett Kia today.
There is no denying that the 2017 Kia Optima is an excellent car. Once you experience its sleek handling and sophisticated style, you won’t want to drive anything else. But, for a bit more convincing, here are some of the top Optima awards.
- 2017 IIHS Top Safety Pick+. The 2017 Kia Optima is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ when equipped with optional front crash prevention and LED headlights (vehicles built after March 2017). To earn this award, a vehicle must earn the top “good” rating in all crash tests, offer superior or advanced front crash prevention, and offer better-than-average headlights.
- Most Awarded Cars. 2017 Kia Optima was named one of the “10 Most Awarded Cars of 2017” from Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com. To earn this award, a vehicle has to be recognized numerous times throughout the year for its superb features, reliability, and other qualities.
- Five-Star Crash Rating. The NHTSA awarded an overall five-star crash safety rating to the 2017 Optima thanks to its superb results in the front crash, side crash, and rollover tests.
Test drive the award-winning 2017 Kia Optima available now at Gossett Kia. It comes with plenty of features for the money, lots of trim levels and options to choose from, and delivers easy-to-use technology within reach of the driver.