The new-and-improved 2017 Kia Soul.
Everyone’s favorite vehicle, the Kia Soul, recently earned a spot on Car and Driver’s 10Best Trucks and SUVs list. This award is given out to the best 2017 models on the market right now. The Soul was chosen because of its spunky personality, excellent features, and great overall value.
“We are honored that Car and Driver has named the Soul to its ‘10Best Trucks and SUVs’ list,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president, product planning KMA. “The Soul has been an extraordinary success story for the Kia brand, and earning this award is a testament to our continued commitment to world-class quality and top-notch design that can be – in the Soul’s case – as funky as it is functional.”
In the 10Best Trucks and SUVs list, awards are given to vehicles in numerous segments, including the subcompact SUV category, which is where the Kia Soul took home its prize. To be eligible for this award, a vehicle must be all-new or significantly updated.
This year, the 2017 Soul arrives with some significant updates, including a new turbocharged 1.6-liter engine paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. This engine will be available on the new SX model, which also comes with some dynamic visual cues including an aggressive front bumper, twin exhaust pipes, sporty side sills, and exclusive 18-inch wheels.
The exciting, updated 2017 Kia Soul is available now at Gossett Kia.
Become a safer driver is possible with these easy-to-follow tips!
Now that 2017 is here, it’s not too late to make a resolution. If you’re at a loss as to what you want to do this year, here are five resolutions for a safer year that will help make you a better driver.
- Enforce a seatbelt rule. Have everyone in your car buckle up, no matter their age. Don’t start driving until all passengers are secure. You can even extend this rule to the family pets.
- Put away your distractions. Everyone knows that texting while driving is dangerous, but so is talking on the phone, even while using a hands-free device. Put your phone away and commit to stopping other distracting activities, such as eating or putting on makeup, behind the wheel.
- Slow down. Speeding can be dangerous and it’s also detrimental to your fuel efficiency, too. Commit to driving the speed limit this year.
- Stay up-to-date with vehicle maintenance. By getting your oil changed regularly and getting your other routine maintenance done on time, your car will run better than ever and you can potentially prevent a more serious breakdown.
- Watch for pedestrians. Be on the lookout for pedestrians and bicyclists, especially when driving through neighborhoods and busy city streets.
If you can master these five resolutions, you will be well on your way to being one of the safest drivers on the road.
Do you have any additional tips? Let Gossett Kia of North Covington Pike know!