The new-and-improved 2017 Kia Soul.
Everyone’s favorite vehicle, the Kia Soul, recently earned a spot on Car and Driver’s 10Best Trucks and SUVs list. This award is given out to the best 2017 models on the market right now. The Soul was chosen because of its spunky personality, excellent features, and great overall value.
“We are honored that Car and Driver has named the Soul to its ‘10Best Trucks and SUVs’ list,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president, product planning KMA. “The Soul has been an extraordinary success story for the Kia brand, and earning this award is a testament to our continued commitment to world-class quality and top-notch design that can be – in the Soul’s case – as funky as it is functional.”
In the 10Best Trucks and SUVs list, awards are given to vehicles in numerous segments, including the subcompact SUV category, which is where the Kia Soul took home its prize. To be eligible for this award, a vehicle must be all-new or significantly updated.
This year, the 2017 Soul arrives with some significant updates, including a new turbocharged 1.6-liter engine paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission. This engine will be available on the new SX model, which also comes with some dynamic visual cues including an aggressive front bumper, twin exhaust pipes, sporty side sills, and exclusive 18-inch wheels.
The exciting, updated 2017 Kia Soul is available now at Gossett Kia.
Become a safer driver is possible with these easy-to-follow tips!
Now that 2017 is here, it’s not too late to make a resolution. If you’re at a loss as to what you want to do this year, here are five resolutions for a safer year that will help make you a better driver.
- Enforce a seatbelt rule. Have everyone in your car buckle up, no matter their age. Don’t start driving until all passengers are secure. You can even extend this rule to the family pets.
- Put away your distractions. Everyone knows that texting while driving is dangerous, but so is talking on the phone, even while using a hands-free device. Put your phone away and commit to stopping other distracting activities, such as eating or putting on makeup, behind the wheel.
- Slow down. Speeding can be dangerous and it’s also detrimental to your fuel efficiency, too. Commit to driving the speed limit this year.
- Stay up-to-date with vehicle maintenance. By getting your oil changed regularly and getting your other routine maintenance done on time, your car will run better than ever and you can potentially prevent a more serious breakdown.
- Watch for pedestrians. Be on the lookout for pedestrians and bicyclists, especially when driving through neighborhoods and busy city streets.
If you can master these five resolutions, you will be well on your way to being one of the safest drivers on the road.
Do you have any additional tips? Let Gossett Kia of North Covington Pike know!
We don’t know what’s more majestic, the beautiful waterfall or the 2017 Kia Sorento.
The 2017 Kia Sorento is out, and the reviews are rolling in. The latest version of this crossover defies stereotypes and brings a high-quality design and plenty of power to the road. The overall refinement and style is set to revolutionize comparable models from American automakers. Put simply, the new Kia Sorento brings a value-oriented design no competitor can match.
While many automakers have abandoned rounded edges and curves, designers stayed the course with the 2017 Sorento. Inside, an upscale interior marked by luxurious upholstery and silver trim accents. The front seats deliver excellent support and the SXL trim brings both heated and cooled front seats. The new model even brings third-row seating.
The Kia Sorento brings a 3.3-liter V6 engine that delivers a pavement-pounding 290 hp. That powerful engine also earns up to an EPA-estimated 23 mpg on the highway. An available all-wheel-drive system adds to the vehicle’s maneuverability while the maximum towing capacity tops competitors at 5,000 pounds.
At the end of the day, the Sorento is a midsize crossover with a utility-driven design. The easily accessible hatch brings up to 73 cubic feet of interior space with both back rows folded down.
Here at Gossett KIA, we have several 2017 Sorentos ready for a test drive today!
Spread the holiday cheer by giving the perfect gift to a car lover you know!
They say there’s a kid’s spirit inside every car lover, and there are plenty of gifts to prove it. Not every present has to be new seat covers or wheels. There are dozens of toys, nostalgic items, and pricey gifts to choose from. Here are a few great gifts for car lovers recommended by us here at Gossett KIA. Happy holidays!
- Exotic Racing – There’s a need for speed inside every enthusiast, and you can satisfy the beast with the help of Exotic Racing. The company owns plenty of exotic cars, including an Audi R8 and Lamborghini, that car lovers can choose to ride in. Two-lap rides start at $99. The company is based in Las Vegas. It may not be the cheapest gift, but it certainly is unique!
- Gear Shift Cufflinks – Add a touch of style to your favorite car lover’s attire. Gear shifter cufflinks go great at most occasions. They can even serve as a conversation starter.
- Automatic – Feeding information to your smartphone is as easy as plugging in Automatic to your car’s OBD II port. The device can call for help in an emergency, monitor fuel economy, help decode dashboard warning lights, and more. It’s the perfect gift to keep your loved one safe and it won’t break the bank!
Happy Thanksgiving from Gossett KIA
As Thanksgiving approaches, you are probably planning your menu and inviting guests. But, if you’re also looking for ways to enhance your Thanksgiving feast, try adding one of these new Thanksgiving traditions to your family meal.
- Create a Thankful Journal. Buy a special notebook just for Thanksgiving. Each year, have your family members share the things they were thankful for over the past year. Write their thoughts in the journal. Nothing is too small. Over the years, looking over family milestones will make you feel happy and thankful.
- Memory Tablecloth. For a truly Thanksgiving-worthy centerpiece, purchase a plain light-colored tablecloth and some fabric pens. Ask each guest to write down something special they are thankful for. You can trace the hands of children too young to write. It will quickly become your favorite Thanksgiving decoration.
- Help those in need. To help you feel the true spirit of Thanksgiving, find a way to help those in need. Volunteer at a local food bank or soup kitchen to help serve those who are less fortunate than yourself.
- Include the children. Plan an activity just for the children. This could be as simple as making Thanksgiving crafts to taking orders and serving the dessert.
What Thanksgiving traditions do you have in your family?
Since its introduction in 2008, the Kia Soul has been a fan favorite. Since then, Kia has done a good job keeping the Soul updated with eye-catching style, lots of technology, and affordable pricing. Now, the updated 2017 Kia Soul gets a boost in power, one thing the Soul has always needed.
KIA Soul – Available at Gossett KIA
Buyers will be able to choose a new 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder that delivers 201 horsepower–a big improvement over the current engines that deliver only 164 or 130 horsepower. The new engine will also be paired with a new seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, which should improve both acceleration and fuel efficiency.
In addition to a new engine, the 2017 Soul will also get a few visual updates, especially on the Turbo model. The Turbo updates include a model-specific front bumper and grille, unique 18-inch wheels, and red-painted trim highlights. Inside, the Turbo model will include a flat-bottomed steering wheel and unique upholstery with orange contrast stitching.
The updated Soul also gets new technology. The UVO infotainment system gains both Android Auto and Apple CarPlay technology. On the safety side, the Soul will have available blind-spot assistance with rear cross traffic alert.
The 2017 Kia Soul will be coming to Gossett Kia by the end of the year.
If you’re looking for something fun to do in Memphis next month, we’ve put together a list of November events in Memphis you’ll love no matter what you and your family are interested in. There’s something for everyone, so check it out!
One exciting event this month is the Indie Memphis Film Festival, which will take place the week of November 1st through 7th and features tons of locally-made films showing throughout the week. Named to lists such as The 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World and The Top 50 Film Festivals Worth the Entry Fee, the Indie Fest is one of the biggest events of the year.
The Memphis Comic and Fantasy Convention will also be held this month at the Hilton from November 18th to 20th and will feature artists, authors, and media guests involved in the entertainment industry, as well as vendors and panels.
Get into the holiday spirit with the Graceland Holiday Lighting Ceremony. Every year at Graceland—the former home of Elvis Presley—lights are strung around the entire grounds and lit up all at once during a lighting ceremony that features celebrity guests.
The Shelby Farms Park and Memphis Botanic Gardens start their Starry Nights and Snowy Nights events in November. Snowy Nights is especially fun for kids—how often do they get to play in the snow in Memphis?
Whatever you’re interested in and whether or not you have kids, you’re sure to find something fun to do in Memphis this November.
2016 KIA Niro SUV
The 2017 Kia Niro is an upcoming hybrid crossover vehicle currently available to preview at select Kia dealers. The Niro comes with a 1.6-liter GDI 4-cylinder engine and 6-speed transmission that offers exceptional ride quality without compromising its incredible fuel economy. At 50 mpg combined, the Niro will be at the top of its segment in efficiency.
The estimated Kia Niro fuel efficiency comes in part from its Full Parallel Hybrid System and partly from its lightweight build, which uses lighter materials and aerodynamic design to decrease drag and improve fuel economy while keeping the cabin quiet. It also has innovative driver-only ventilation, so when you’re driving alone you don’t waste gas cooling other seats.
The FPHS combines the power of the 4-cylinder engine with the 43-horsepower electric motor and a lithium-ion battery to deliver smooth, energetic ride. The Niro’s dashboard displays your vehicle’s stats, tell you how much you’ve maximized your fuel economy, and more.
With available driver assist technologies like Autonomous Emergency Braking as well as wireless charging, a variety of outlets, and an auto defog system, the Niro provides unbeatable convenience and safety. Its exceptionally comfortable interior offers heated and cooled front seats, a heated steering wheel, and flexible cargo space with extra under-tray storage.
Efficient, stylish, and innovative in every way, the 2017 Kia Niro is the hybrid SUV to beat.
2017 Kia Sorento
Fresh off a brilliant redesign, the 2017 Kia Sorento emerges as a refreshing choice for your next family vehicle. Kia has added more cabin space this time around plus a newly-designed dashboard. These changes combine nicely with the Sorento’s overall design to make for a well-balanced SUV that is ready to rise to any occasion.
The intelligent design of the all-new Sorento is manifest in its practical and beautiful exterior design. Engineers gave the Sorento a wider stance and longer wheelbase. It’s a change that not only produces a more elegant shape and profile but also improves handling. The available Smart Power Liftgate allows you to open the liftgate when your hands are full using just your foot.
The Sorento proves more than capable in the performance department. There are three engines to choose from, including the 3.3-liter V6 that—combined with the available Dynamax AWD system—is capable of towing up to 5,000 pounds. Not to mention, the AWD system adds Torque Vectoring Cornering Control to your arsenal of features. The result is a vehicle that handles with unbelievable balance and response.
Looking for a reliable and family-friendly SUV that comfortably seats seven? The redesigned 2017 Kia Sorento was made for you.
A long weekend getaway is exactly what many Americans need, and Memphis, Tennessee is a hot destination thanks to its numerous attractions. We at Gossett KIA have some suggested Labor Day activities in Memphis to make your long weekend a memorable one.
- Mud Island River Park – Learn about life on the Mississippi with a visit to Mud Island River Park, a five-block river model that depicts the entire length of the Mississippi River. Take in the scenic view of the river itself as well as downtown Memphis. Get a closer look at the history and culture that surrounds the Mississippi River. Be prepared to spend anywhere from four to 12 hours at Mud Island River Park. There’s a lot to learn!
- Memphis Zoo – If you’re looking for a spot for families, look no further than the Memphis Zoo. Home to more than a thousand animals, the Memphis Zoo is renowned for its special events and exhibits as well as its animal shows and rides. Kids and adults alike will love seeing the rare and exotic animals housed at the Memphis Zoo!
- Beale Street – Those interested in culture only need to make a stop by Beale Street for a full history lesson. The street’s history includes the location of Ulysses Grant’s headquarters during the American Civil as well as the birthplace of rock ‘n roll. Stop by any of the two dozen clubs and shops that give Memphis a unique feel to visitors!